The golden rule of every girl is that the straight hair must be curled and the curled hair must be straightened. Nowadays there are a lot of methods how to straighten your hair and one of them is hair relaxer. Hair relaxer is used on naturally curly or wavy hair in order to get a straighten look. If you decide to try this method you can follow steps below to get good results. You should remember that you need to be cautious because of the chemicals that are used in the relaxer.
- The first thing you need to do is to decide on the strength of the hair relaxer. The strength of the relaxer depends on the texture of your hair. For instance, if your hair is coarse you should use “super” strength hair relaxer.
- Remember about riskiness. Hair relaxer is made of chemicals and can cause different damages to your clothes. It is better to use hair dresser’s cape or towel to protect your clothing in case the chemicals splash. All you need to do is to wrap a towel or cape around your shoulders. You should also wear gloves to protect your hands from the hair relaxer chemicals.
- Part you hair. You should work with dry hair and divide it into 4 sections. They are back left, back right, front left, front right. Then using a rat-tail comb you should make smaller sections (3mm).
Also you can read this: What can cause hair breakage?
- Apply the relaxer. You can use a color brush or a paint brush to apply the relaxer into smaller sections. Continue applying the relaxer till all 4 sections are completely coated.
- Work out the curls. The next step is to stretch out all curls. You can do it with your fingers or using the back of your comb. You need to divide all hair into sections again and then run the flat spine of the comb or with your fingers along the hair.
- Follow the manufacturer’s directions. Every hair relaxer has its required time to produce proper effect. You should read this information in the manufacturer’s directions and follow it. After the time passes, rinse the hair in hot water. Then do your usual washing procedures.