Curly hair is a unique type of hair that needs a special care of it. It’s a little more finicky than straight or wave hair and that is why it is also more vulnerable to premature breakage. And everybody knows if the hair is damaged it will never grow out to longer lengths. But with the right care you can easily grow your curly hair long. Here are a few tips on how to grow longer curly hair.
- Don’t wash your hair every day. When you wash your hair daily all the natural oils are washed away. The absence of the natural oils usually causes dryness of the hair. Curly hair is typically prone to dryness and daily washing lead to even drier hair. And the drier hair is more often it is breaking.
- The method which works well with straighter hair won’t work with curly hair. You should keep in mind that it is better to avoid the method “wash, rinse and repeat”. It is better to wash curly hair once. If you want, you can wash your hair with conditioner between washes.
- If you have thick curly hair it is better to wash and condition your hair in sections. It will help to reach all the parts of your hair and provide a good result. The size of each section depends on the density of your hair. The denser your hair is, the smaller you should make each section.
Also you can read this: The right shampoo – problem of choice
- You should use shampoo which is specifically targeted for curly hair. This type of shampoo may be more moisturizing and may cause less rinsing of your hair’s natural oils.
- You should use deep conditioner during every wash. If your ends are particularly dry, you may condition them between washes. You can also use additional moisturizing or protective products after or between shampooing. Different oils and serums will help to protect you hair cuticle from damage.
- It is better to apply the conditioner from the bottom of your head. The hair on the head is protected from dryness by your natural oils and at the ends it requires additional protection.